This Cast Iron Care Wax is made in Holland by Valhal Outdoor, according to their recipe. The Valhal Outdoor wax is perfect for taking care of your cast iron pans and accessories, but you can also use it to season your new cast iron items if needed.
The wax is firm, but you can easily spread it out with a sponge or cloth. Because it has been chosen to work exclusively with natural ingredients, the wax has a beautiful natural light yellow color and you can smell a hint of beeswax.
You can smear the Cast Iron Care Wax directly on your cast iron pan or accessory, but for the best absorption we recommend the following steps:
- Place your cast iron pan or accessory in the oven and preheat your oven to 175 degrees. Let your item warm up for 20 minutes
- While the cast iron is still warm, rub all sides with the VH.WAX from Valhal Outdoor with a tea towel or kitchen paper.
- Rub your cast iron again with another clean cloth for a thin and even layer of wax.
- Put your cast iron pan or accessory back in the oven for 40 minutes at 250 degrees. This allows polymerization of the coating.
- Depending on how smooth and/or greased you want your cast iron item, you can repeat this process two or three times.